Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sick Bed on the edge

Well, today I have sick little girl to care for. I had to pick her up early yesterday and take her to the doctor. This is the one kid that never gets sick. So when she is sick everyone suffers. She is taking to barking orders for something to drink very well. If I don't jump at her first command she says, "Nanny, the doctor said I had to drink more so bring me something to drink." Seriously, I don't like it when the kids are sick. I worry too much although I know that God is in control. I guess I'm too much of a mom.

Now, when my DH gets sick that is another story. When he has a cough or sneeze, the world is coming to an end. I know you ladies know what I am talking about. Actually, the kids are braver than a man when sickness strikes.

Oh, well, I guess that is why God made us with strong backs--to hold up our family when we need to. The male thinks he is the stronger sex. He doesn't know that the female is smart enough to just let him think that. How else would we get him to do our dirty jobs for us.

Enough for now. The patient is calling me. Here goes Dr. Mom, waitress Mom, maid Mom, and whatever else the job requires.

So long. Until later--This is life on the edge!