Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Least of These

'Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." Matthew 25:40

The greatest thing a man can do for his Heavenly Father is to be kind to some of His other children.   Henry Drummond

With all the problems in the world today, we often see people who are struggling with heavy burdens. Maybe a financial problem is tearing a family apart; maybe a relationship is ending; perhaps a child has chosen the wrong path to travel. Whatever the problem... we are called to help our fellow travelers.
God might impress upon our hearts to help someone financially. He might put someone’s name in your mind and instruct you to pray for them. This has happened to me and I know God has placed that person’s name on my heart for a reason. Maybe he knows someone who needs an encouraging card from you or a phone call that will lighten someone's way. But sometimes He just wants you to be there and cry with them over a battle they are fighting.
Sometimes we are the ones in need of someone to come along beside us in our journey to tell us, “You are special, God loves you. I am praying for you”. Sometimes to have listen to us and cry with us can ease the burden we are carrying. Remember, we are never alone. God is always right there with us. But He does want us to be there for each other.
Then the righteous will answer Him, “Lord, when did we see you hungry and fed you, and thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?” The king will reply, “I tell you the truth, whenever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” Matthew 25:37-40 (NIV)
?At the end of our lives, we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received.how much money we have made, or how many good things we have done. We will be judged by “I was hungry and you gave me to eat. I was naked and you clothed me. I was homeless and you took me in.” Mother Teresa